Lights feel nice and simple, everything seems contained in a few fields and sliders.
- Power = real world wattage
- Distribution would be where you put a texture map, for example a softbox gradient
- Efficiency is made to control the ‘actual’ power of the light via a float slider - but I’ve found its the best place to stick an ‘RGB Spectrum’ and quickly change the colour of a light!
- Sun works almost identical to Vray, ‘sun size’ affects sharpness of shadows, the rest is controlled by C4D's settings (location/time).
- Can use geometry as light emitter (via ‘diffuse’ material type)